The cooperation between the Foundation und under private law and the Swiss Confederation and the Department of Defense, Civil Protection and Sports (DDPS) is based on several legal foundations.
- The Federal Act on Federal Collections and Museums (Museums and Collections Act, MSG) of June 12, 2009.
- The Federal Law on the Armed Forces and Military Administration of 1.1.2018.
- The DDPS Ordinance on the Procurement, Use and Decommissioning of army equipment (DDPS Material Ordinance MatV) of 28.3.2018.
- The directives on the cooperation of the departmental divisions defense and armasuisse of 1.5.2018
- Ethical Guidelines for Museums dated 4.11.1986 and amendments dated 6.7.2001 of the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
Within the DDPS, the Centre for Historic Equipment of the Armed Forces (CHEAF) – a unit of Armed Forces Planning – has overall responsibility for the three collections of historical material of the Swiss Armed Forces.
Video Foundation Ham